Chronic Care Management, Inc. Launches Behavioral Health Integration Platform
Company Provides Support for “In-Between Provider Visit” Care Management for People with Behavioral Health Diagnoses, Developmental Disabilities and Drug Addiction
Cleveland, OH – March 13, 2018 – Chronic Care Management, Inc., today announced that it has launched a new technology and services platform that supports individuals with behavioral health conditions, developmental disabilities and drug addiction. The new platform harnesses Medicare’s new Behavioral Health Integration (BHI) program to systematize structured outcome assessment tools, care gap identification, community resource need matching and other areas that have not been formally operationalized to date in the U.S. healthcare system.
The new Medicare BHI program is used to support patients in-between their visits with practitioners who are treating patients with conditions such as mood and anxiety disorders, cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s and other dementias, psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia as well as people with variety of addictions – including drug and alcohol addiction. The new benefit fosters goal-directed, comprehensive care planning, care coordination and monitoring by the care team, with an overall aim of fostering a continuous relationship between the patient and the care team.
Dr. William Mills, President and CEO of Chronic Care Management, Inc. said, “Medicare continues to show that it is dedicated to providing support for people with chronic medical and behavioral conditions in-between their provider visits. With the BHI program, it is providing a layer of support that did not previously exist for patients afflicted by a variety of psychiatric, behavioral, developmental and addition disorders – including program features that can help people dealing with opioid addition. We are thrilled to be able to offer our state-of-the art care management technology and clinically-integrated staff services to healthcare organizations across the U.S. to better support quality care of these individuals in need.”
Mills continued, “As the recent study of the Medicare chronic care management program showed, systematic “in-between visit” care management, coupled with goal-directed, comprehensive care planning – works. I expect the opportunity afforded by the BHI program to help drive positive clinical outcomes while reducing costs to be just as great as with the chronic care management program.”
Chronic Care Management, Inc. provides:
- A comprehensive “in-between episode” chronic care management technology solution as well as practice-integrated clinical staff that together provide complete care management for Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial beneficiaries to enable doctors to participate in the cutting edge program while enabling providers workflow
- Chronic care management support for multiple Quality Programs including Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) and the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP), MIPS, Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI), and others
- Robust Risk Stratification capability, enabling chronic care management workflow from high to low risk
- Capture of non-visit revenue via chronic care management codes (CPT 99490, CPT 99487 and CPT 99489) with 3rd-party tested, robust audit trail and time tracking features
- Support of new Behavioral Health Integration (BHI) program codes, including CPT 99484, enabling in-between episode support of people with behavioral, addiction and mental health conditions
- Business intelligence tools that provide real-time data on CCM revenue and other key performance indicators
- Advanced scheduling / Call Center support technology to address the continuity of care and community outreach to the patients in between physician visits
- Comprehensive medication management including home delivery and adherence tools via partner pharmacy
About Chronic Care Management, Inc.
Chronic Care Management, Inc. is a solution-oriented technology and services care management provider. The company’s primary focus is “in-between visit” care management for people with multiple chronic conditions. Headed by William Mills, M.D., a physician with extensive national care management leadership and primary care and geriatrics practice, the company develops and deploys software and clinically integrated care management programs that promote goal-directed, quality collaborative care planning. The solutions bring together healthcare providers, systems and stakeholders around a central, person-centered care plan that drive positive clinical outcomes for patients and positive financial outcomes for healthcare organizations and payers, including Medicare. Providing fee-for-service healthcare providers a concrete path from volume to value, Chronic Care Management, also empowers organizations who are participating in alternative payment models with a formal platform to foster care coordination, quality measure success attainment, advance care planning, care transitions, medication reconciliation and a number of other success-driving areas.
For more information, or to schedule a product and services presentation, please visit http://www.chroniccaremanagement.com or call toll free: (844) CCM-6500 / (844) 226-6500.
© 2018 Chronic Care Management, Inc. and the Chronic Care Management company name with logo are registered trademarks of Chronic Care Management, Inc. All rights reserved.
Chronic Care Management, Inc.